Jan 29, 2021
Founder, President, CEO, & Lead Consulting Educator at Music Care Inc
"Does your business lead with heart?"
"It's all about your desire to take the heroic journey over and over...and wanting to!"
“Dial back your crazy by dialing up your emotional honesty!”
“Why stuff your built-in competitive advantage when you can let yourself use it?”
Bill Protzmann (PRAHTS’-man) is a man on a mission: to raise awareness of the power of music as self-care. He is the world's leading advocate and educator on the self-evident use of music for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
In addition to founding and running a successful high-tech telecom management firm for 30 years, he holds magna cum laude degrees in piano performance and creative writing and has concertized and performed with a focus on bringing music to audiences in non-traditional ways. His recording of “Amazing Grace” topped the mp3.com charts in July of 2000, and was included in the Library of Congress permanent collection in 2016. In addition to two all-original CDs, he has performed and worked with opera stars, poets, Dixieland, jazz, rock and pop tribute bands, in musical theatre, and as a solo concert pianist and entertainer.
On Memorial Day weekend 2007, Protzmann premiered a new version of his one-man show, “Connected!,” with a focus on using music as a self-intervention tool for issues related to military service. In 2011, he launched Music Care Inc, a for-profit corporation dedicated to education in music as well-care.
Bill is humbled to have given the practical message of music as self-care to many organizations and individuals, including:
• 2016 Western Region Music Therapy Association keynote in
• 2014 Seventh Annual Financial Literacy Leadership conference in Alexandria, Virginia;
• 2013 Consumer Action Conference in Chicago, Illinois;
• San Diego VA Healthcare System and SHARP Hospital Wellness Center;
• VA Chaplaincy couples program “From Warrior to Soulmate;”
• Episcopal Community Services of California’s “Friend to Friend” clubhouse (weekly since 2010);
• 2-1-1 San Diego employee in-service enrichment program.
In 2014, Bill received an Award of Excellence from the National Council for Behavioral Healthcare.